Get help now
In an emergency, if your safety or your children’s safety is threatened, phone the police on 999.
Contact your local council for details of services in your area.
National Domestic Violence Helpline
24 hours, free calls, staffed by women. Translation services and services for deaf or hearing impaired people.
- Tel: 0808 2000 247
- Website: http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk
Greater Manchester Domestic Abuse Helpline
Monday to Friday, 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
- Tel: 0161 636 7525
- Website: http://www.domesticabusehelpline.co.uk
Cheshire West and Cheshire Council
Council Domestic Abuse Family Safety Unit (DAFSU)
Monday to Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Tel: 01606 351 375
Information and support for young people involved in domestic abuse
- Men’s Advice Line: 0808 801 0327
- Help for people who hurt others: 0808 802 40 40
- Website: http://respect.uk.net
LGBT+ anti-violence and domestic abuse helpline
- Tel: 0800 999 5428
- Website: https://www.galop.org.uk
Services for South Asian Women who have left home forcefully or voluntarily, including as a result of domestic abuse.
- Tel: 0844 504 3231
- Website: http://www.sharan.org.uk
The National centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV) provides a free, fast emergency injuction service to survivors of domestic violence regardless of their financial circumstances, race, gender or sexual orientation.
- Text: NCDV to 60777 for a free call back.