Could YOU help WHAG raise funds for our vital services for homeless women and victims of domestic abuse?
- Organise a fundraising event – sponsored walk, concert, coffee morning, charity evening, makeup party, fashion show… (we have lots of ideas – or use your own)
- Do a sponsored run/walk/swim/silence……… The list is endless!
- Support us at one of our fundraising events
- Distribute and collect our money boxes
- Sell raffle tickets
- Help us with bucket collections
- Support your staff team to create and run a fundraising event as a team building mission!
WHAG can work with you to provide information and support for your event. We can provide WHAG banners and leaflets and ‘giveaways’ such as pens, notepads and key rings. We can help you with publicity for your event and may be able to provide volunteers to help you run it on the day.
You can be as innovative as you like! All money raised will go into helping us provide life-changing services that support people to get back on their feet and live lives free from further domestic abuse.
- £1000 would provide each child in our refuge with a comfort pack (curtains that go around bed, comfort blanket, soothing battery operated lights, pop up tent) so that they have their own little retreat to go to when they’re feeling anxious/stressed.
- £800 would buy 10 newborn starter packs for women who are due to give birth and have had to flee from their home for their safety (nappies, sleepsuits, bottles, towel, sponge, blanket, Moses basket)
- £400 would buy 20 hours of play therapy to help a child overcome the anxiety and fear caused by domestic abuse
- £320 would pay for an 8-week counselling programme for someone who needs to recover from the trauma of domestic abuse
- £50 would buy a kitchen starter pack for a family leaving our refuge and having to start all over again
- £10 would buy a toy for a child in our refuge
- £5 would buy paper and craft materials for a group work session
Donations are featured in our newsletter and social media, and really do make a difference for the clients and families we work with.
For more information about fundraising for WHAG, please contact us