Bury domestic abuse floating support
Who can use the service?
Men and women who live in the borough of Bury and:
- Are aged 16 or over
- Have experienced or are experiencing domestic abuse
- Need housing related support, such as finding their own tenancy, dealing with rent or mortgage arrears or getting their landlord to do repairs
What do we offer?
We will link you with a support worker who will support you to look at the changes you want to make in your life, both around issues related to domestic abuse and other practical and emotional support. They will draw up an action plan with you and support you to make the changes.
This will include things like:
- Making plans with you about how to manage safety for you and your children
- Helping you get security measures such as window locks and letter box covers put in place (sometimes known as target hardening or a sanctuary scheme)
- If you want to move, supporting you to find and apply for housing
- Supporting you to apply for benefits
- Money matters and dealing with debt
- Helping you get counselling or befriending services
- Registering with a GP and other health services
- Linking you in to support in your community such as Citizens Advice, community groups and volunteering opportunities
Helping you get legal advice and help to deal with any court action.
The support will last for up to twelve months. After this, you will be offered our Key Ring Service which is a three-monthly ‘keep in touch’ call to check that, if you have any problems, you know where to get advice and how to resolve them.
Our support workers can sometimes meet with you at home, or they will arrange meetings in community venues such as cafes and libraries. One of our support workers is a Punjabi and Urdu speaker.
How do I get the service?
You can contact WHAG directly.
You can get someone else to contact us for you. This could be someone like a housing officer, a health visitor, a community worker or a police officer.
For more information
Bury Domestic Abuse Floating Support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0161 761 5266