CWAC Medium risk project
Who is the service for?
Men and women who live in Cheshire West and Chester and:
- Are aged over 16
- Do not have children living with them
- Have experienced or are experiencing domestic abuse and
- Have been identified as medium risk (see below.)
What do we offer?
The CWAC medium risk project offers support to people in the community, both in connection with the domestic abuse they have experienced and other practical issues.
The support WHAG provides includes things like:
- Making plans with you about how to manage safety for you and your children
- Helping you get security measures such as window locks and letter box covers put in place (sometimes known as target hardening or a sanctuary scheme)
- If you want to move, supporting you to find and apply for housing
- Supporting you to apply for benefits
- Money matters and dealing with debt
- Helping you get counselling or befriending services
- Registering with a GP and other health services
- Linking you in to support in your community such as Citizens Advice, community groups and volunteering opportunities
- Helping you deal with any court action.
How do I get the service?
You can contact WHAG directly and refer yourself.
However, in order to be ‘medium risk’ you will have to have a risk assessment with the Domestic Abuse and Family Safety Unit (DAFSU.) The risk assessment looks at things like the types of domestic abuse you have experienced, the level of danger to you and your family, and the effects of any other issues such as drug or alcohol use.
After the risk assessment, you will either be referred to WHAG as medium risk, or told about the options you have if you are low or high risk. You can contact DAFSU yourself.
For more information
Domestic Abuse Family Safety Unit (DAFSU)
- Tel: 0300 123 7047 (Option 2)
WHAG CWAC Medium Risk project
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org