Rochdale floating support

Who is the service for?

Women aged 18+ who live in Rochdale and have housing issues that mean they need support to stay in their own homes

What do we offer?

Clients will receive one-to-one support from WHAG’s Rochdale floating support worker. This can include meetings in community-based locations such as community centres or coffee shops, home visits, and telephone and email support.

The first meeting will be to tell you about the support we can offer, and check that WHAG services meet your needs. If you have very complex needs such as high drug or alcohol dependency or domestic abuse issues, we may refer you on to an organisation that specialises in helping people with these things.

We will develop a plan with you that will set out the changes you want to make in your life and the types of support you need. We will agree what you will do and what WHAG will do and how we will support you to reach your goals.

We can offer support with issues such as

  • Claiming benefits including housing benefit
  • Money matters, including dealing with debts such as rent arrears and council tax
  • Problems with gas, electricity and water supplies, and helping you get a prepayment meter if this is the best option for you
  • Problems with your landlord including getting repairs done
  • Accessing health care, drug and alcohol services
  • Using counselling or befriending services
  • Volunteering and job opportunities
  • Finding support in the community such as social groups, libraries and Citizens Advice
  • Dealing with the criminal justice system.

The support will usually last for a maximum of 6 months.

After this you will move on to our Key Ring Service which is a three-monthly ‘keep in touch’ call to check that if you have any problems, you know where to get advice and how to resolve them. However, you can refer yourself back in to the full floating support service if you need this at a later date.

How do I get the service?

You can contact WHAG yourself, or you can ask another person to contact us on your behalf. This might be someone like a doctor, a social worker or a community worker.

You or the person helping you will need to fill in a referral form WHAG Referral Form with information about your current housing situation and the type of support you need.

We will then contact you to arrange a first meeting, as described above.

For more information

You can contact the Rochdale floating support worker Monday to Friday, 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. If you need to leave a message, please leave your name, your phone number, and the best times for us to call you back.

Julia Johnson

Get in touch

Get in touch