Rochdale - Rose Court

Who is the service for?

Single women aged 18+, from Rochdale, who do not have children living with them, and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

What do we offer?

Rose Court has 16 self contained fully furnished flats, one of which has extra adaptations to make it more suitable for disabled people. Support workers are on site every week day during the day, and every evening and night, including weekends.

Clients have a tenancy agreement and live independently with help from staff, who will work with them to develop a support plan and take action to achieve the goals they set themselves.

Support plans cover issues such as:

  • Claiming benefits including housing benefit
  • Money matters, including dealing with debts
  • Getting health care, including counselling and occupational therapy
  • Drug and alcohol services
  • Volunteering and job opportunities
  • Developing health and wellbeing skills such as cooking healthy meals
  • Finding support in the community such as social groups and libraries
  • Dealing with the criminal justice system
  • Contact arrangements with their children and families.

The purpose of the support is to get people ready to take on a tenancy of their own. Support workers will help people find and apply for their own housing, help them move in, sort out benefits and applications for grants for things such as white good and furniture, and carry out fire and safety checks. They provide resettlement support for up to 6 weeks to make sure clients will be able to keep their new tenancy in the long term.

After this, clients move on to our Key Ring Service which is a three-monthly ‘keep in touch’ call to check that if the client has any problems, they know where to get advice and how to resolve them.

The support workers also help clients organise social events such as trips and meals out, and organise group work events including cooking, gardening, arts and crafts and training. They can also link clients with volunteers and students who can provide befriending and counselling.

How do I get the service?

You can contact WHAG yourself, or you can ask another person to contact us on your behalf. This might be someone like a doctor, a social worker or a community worker.

You or the person helping you will need to fill in a WHAG Referral Form with information about your current housing situation and the type of support you need.

We will arrange a meeting with you to check that our service will be suitable and that we can meet your needs. If you are accepted, you will go on a waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a flat becomes available for you. If we can’t accept you, we will tell you why, and tell you about other housing options you may have.

For more information

You can contact the Rose Court support workers Monday to Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.



Tel: 01706 716 435 (Anisah) or 01706 716 433 (Susan)

Get in touch

Get in touch