Simply click the like button below.
Volunteering and Fundraising Volunteering
Your time and skills could help make a huge difference to the amount of people we can support and the help we can give. There are so many ways YOU can support US to support OTHERS across our Various projects
There are various ways you can help us raise vital funds so that we can continue with the support we provide. You could:
- Organise a fundraising event – sponsored walk, sing, coffee morning, charity evening, makeup party, fashion show…………(we have lots of ideas – or use your own)
- Do a sponsored run/walk/swim/silence……… The list is endless
- Support us at one of our fundraising events
- Distribute and collect our money boxes
- Sell raffle tickets
- Help us with bucket collections
- Have your work force create a fundraising event as a team building mission!
You can be as innovative as you like! All money raised will go into helping us provide life-changing services that support people to get back on their feet and live lives free from further domestic abuse.
£800 could buy 10 newborn starter packs for women who are due to give birth and have had to flee from their home for their safety (nappies, sleepsuits, bottles, towel, sponge, blanket, moses basket)
£800 could buy a kitchen starter pack for 16 families leaving our refuge and having to start all over again
£320 could pay for an 8-week counselling programme for someone who needs to recover from the trauma of domestic abuse
£400 could buy 20hrs of play therapy to help a child overcome the anxiety and fear caused by domestic abuse
£1200 could buy 8 families an emergency home security pack which could mean they get to sleep at night without fear of the abuser breaking in.
£1600 could mean we can provide each child in our refuges with an emergency box (including pyjamas, underwear, slippers, book, toy, toiletries)
£1000 could mean we can provide each child in our refuges with a comfort pack (curtains that go around bed, comfort blanket, soothing battery operated lights, pop up tent) so that they have their own little retreat to go to when they’re feeling anxious/stressed.
£800 could mean we could arrange a rebuild and bonding trip for 6 families who have fled domestic abuse, to the Zoo or to a petting farm. To give the families a day away and a chance to have fun together.
Service Delivery Support Volunteers
- Domestic Abuse recovery programmes volunteer
- community drop-in volunteer
- Volunteer befriender
- Volunteer Ambassadors – Help represent and promote WHAG
- Represent us at community events
- Promote our events/news
- Volunteers need to be over 18, empathic and non-judgemental. Training will be given and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
WHAG accept Volunteer applications at any time for any of our projects, though service volunteer roles may be limited. WHAG are currently looking for Volunteer Fundraisers and Ambassadors with immediate effect.
For an application pack please email email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for WHAG